FORUMS: list search recent posts

easiest way to put 320 x 240 web captured video onto dvd

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve goldberg
easiest way to put 320 x 240 web captured video onto dvd
on Mar 13, 2008 at 10:19:10 pm

I've been asked to capture a live web conference and the size of the webcast will be 320 x 240. I was going to record it with Snapz Pro X in the default animation codec and then use Compressor and one of the DVD settings. I did a test record with this method and it works, but it increases the image size from 320 x 240 to 680 x 480, making it all look a lot blurry. Is there a way I can keep the 320 x 240 size within a 680 x 480 dvd framework? Will I need to take the 320 x 240 QT file into FCP and add black around the edges so it fills to proper DVD dimensions? Can I do this step in Compressor?

Hope this makes sense,

Steve

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: easiest way to put 320 x 240 web captured video onto dvd
on Mar 16, 2008 at 2:22:00 am

Hmmm....recording to animation codec will make a really big file. Unless you record to an external RAID with at least Firewire. If you can get a laptop, or computer with video outputs, I have recorded web casts straight to a DVD recorder or DV deck with simple composite video inputs from the computer. Then I could bring that clip into an editor to get it ready for a DVD.

This is the safest because you are just using the video output of the feed, not actually recording anything to a drive on the computer, or asking SnapZ to keep up for the entire stream.

Just run your video and audio out to a DV deck or DVD recorder.

Safe, easy.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]