FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG 2 from FCP 5.1

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
treg ward
MPEG 2 from FCP 5.1
on Mar 5, 2008 at 2:06:09 am

I am trying to export for the web MPEG 2 files with: Video, NTSC, 29.97, 16:9, Progressive,
Quality: One Pass VBR Best, AVG Bitrate 10mbps, Max Bitrate 12mbps, Gop: IBBP, Closed, GOP Size 15, Check Multiplexed MPEG/program Stream.

In FCP 5.1 I cannot find a place to choose program steam, and the max bitrate is only 9mbps.
If I upgrade to FCP6 will I be able to choose the above? I would be thankful for any help.

Thanks, Treg

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: MPEG 2 from FCP 5.1
on Mar 5, 2008 at 12:34:47 pm

1. Exporting to the web in MPEG-2 is a BIG no-no. MPEG-2 is a broadcast and DVD format that is simply not suitable for the web.

2. Are you actually using Final Cut Pro to do your transcoding, or are you using compressor, which comes as park of Final Cut studio?

Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying 'thanks' is free!

Return to posts index

treg ward
on Mar 6, 2008 at 1:00:03 am

The client wants these videos delivered in the MPEG 2 file format. I am using compressor 2 in Final cut studio 5.1. The main problem is I can't find a way to choose program stream. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, Treg

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Mar 6, 2008 at 1:11:54 am

Not sure in your version but in the latest somewhere in there you can choose between a Program stream or a Transport stream.

Hmmm.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

treg ward
on Mar 6, 2008 at 2:46:39 am

I think I need to ugrade to final cut studio 6.
Thanks, Treg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]