FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression guide DVD by Aharon

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Scott
Compression guide DVD by Aharon
on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:44:52 pm

I just got the "Internet Killed the Video Star" DVD. The service from the Cow was great by the way. I think I got it in 2 days. The info was pretty good. I was hoping for a few more hints on some of the trade-offs involving keyframes, frame rate and frame size. I also had hoped to get some incite into how to balance between live action video and text. It seem more often than not you have to pick one over the other. I was also very disappointed that the first thing that came up was video that was not in sync with the audio. This is the biggest complaint I have about the various compressors I have tried. I can't get video to stay in sync with audio for more than about 1:30 - after that it begins to drift. This is a huge complaint with clients. Quicktime Pro seems to have a much bigger problem than, say Cleaner, but the only time I have not had a problem is with Windows Media. I know I have seen Quicktimes with audio that would hold sync over 30 minutes, but I haven't had much luck producing one.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Brian Scott
President
Image Design Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]