FORUMS: list search recent posts

VP6 Squeeze makes better video than FlixOn2Vp6 ?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Dezordi
on Feb 27, 2008 at 10:16:19 am

I am trying, I guess like every one else to produce the best quality videos for streaming

I am still also confused about flv / swf ...options.

I restrict my educational videos typically 1 to 5 minutes because of poor quality broad band in australia

I have been using Flix Pro to generate swf files from high quality uncompressed AVI files. I make the swf files in flix pro to 12fps, as recomended, & select reduce interlace flicker etc.
Despite using the options Best / for VP6 & maximum detail for Vector settings, I find I still get flash movies that a are bit ' blocky', also there is lots of unsightly horizontal movement artefact, for example when a child moves her head & a balloon horizontally, the image blurs in the horizontal plain .

When I attempted to create a smilar project in Sorsenson squeeze using the On2 VP6 pluggin option, I obtained what appear to be better quality videos, less blocky & no horizontal artefact. They are a similar size ( 2.4MB)

I find this confusing given that the VP6 codec is made by On2 who make Flix pro

Can any one help me to produce good flash movies ? or am I wasting my time, should I be looking at Adobe flash turbo, or Microsoft silverlight ?

Joseph D

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: VP6 Squeeze makes better video than FlixOn2Vp6 ?
on Feb 27, 2008 at 4:43:05 pm

It's unlikely that you are using the exact same settings, as both applications don't have the exact same feature set.
Bottom line us that Squeeze is a better transcoding application than Flix, although the codec implementation is probably exactly the same.

Forget Silverlight, if you can't get Flash to work well at low-bandwidths then you'll be even worse off with that Windows technology. (IMHO Silverlight is going nowhere).

There's no such thing as 'Flash Turbo' AFAIK.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]