FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital Rapids Stream over Squeeze 4.5

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
whitlock dunbar
Digital Rapids Stream over Squeeze 4.5
on Feb 22, 2008 at 1:50:09 am

As our client's expectations for interactive video increase, I am finding that Squeeze 4.5 may not be equipped to serve our needs (in terms of quality). I know that many here are very happy with Squeeze (as am I in certain instances) so this is not a criticism of the application.

That said, I have found that we have the Digital Rapids Stream v2.3 software installed on a (now unused) encoding station. I believe this was purchased for real time encoding from SD tape, but I would need just for converting uncompressed quicktimes and .avi files to .wmv and/or Flash 9 .flv. Anyone have any experience with this system or know of any online tutorials? So far I haven't found much online on in its help files as it relates to our immediate needs. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Digital Rapids Stream over Squeeze 4.5
on Feb 22, 2008 at 10:17:45 pm

I know it very well and use it daily, if I were you I seek the help of some professional services rather than some ad-hoc tips over an internet forum.

Return to posts index

whitlock dunbar
on Feb 23, 2008 at 2:50:53 pm

Thanks. Do you mean professional help in using the Digital Rapids system or professional help for the compression itself?

We'll only need the DR Stream to convert uncompressed quicktimes into Flash 8 flv files (for the time being). Used properly how does its output quality compare to Squeeze?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Feb 23, 2008 at 5:28:11 pm

Possibly help with both, depending on your knowledge of using the system with files rather than off tape.

I've not done a side-by-side with Squeeze.

Return to posts index

del chapple
on Mar 10, 2008 at 11:02:41 pm

DR because of the hardware encoder is a better solution than squeeze. I have both, plus a bunch more.. but if you do not need a capture box and just a render box i'd suggest Rhozet. Render farm's are the way to go, plus Rhozet will actually address your issues, they are a good company.. and i dont work for them..

del

you cant hear my inner voice scream... can you..?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]