FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Bruno
FCP
on Feb 19, 2008 at 1:33:39 am

I'm reposting all my questions in this post to hopefully make sense. I'm using the most current version of FCP. I'm producing a few video that will be shown at tradeshows on large monitors 32" and up. I have no control on which monitors are used. Ok, so I am editing 16:9 and I used the easy start on FCP. NTSC anamorphic setting. When I have completed the project, what setting in "Compressor" should I use to get the best quality Dvd ? I just completed on project and when I view it on my home 40" Sony 1080p the text and animations look jagged. I have also viewed the same video that I printed to mini dv and played it on the same monitor and it looks good.

Thanks for any help.

Frank

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: FCP
on Feb 19, 2008 at 2:32:51 pm

What settings did you try?

Start with one of the 60min MPEG-2 presets and tweak it until you achieve the kind of quality you desire.

I can't be any more specific than that as you haven't supplied any details of your source media (format, content, quality, workflow and delivery method (Does it have to be on a DVD as MPEG-2 for example)

Return to posts index

Joe Pitts
Re: FCP
on Feb 22, 2008 at 9:09:50 pm

first, make sure you're looking at a 480i picture on the Sony...
1080i is brutal to regular video. Compressor has stock settings for best quality 90 min, thats a good place to start, and as you adjust the quality settings you can see the time change.
looking at the dv means nothing to the dvd results, rember you're compressing the already compressed (dv) signal
have fun

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]