FORUMS: list search recent posts

compressor audio filter fails

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyriakos Tacos
compressor audio filter fails
on Feb 10, 2008 at 4:45:49 pm

I'm trying to use Compressor 3 to add audio fade/in out filters on FCP6 exported clips (DV). When I use the unmodified default 300k h.264 web/streaming preset, the clip compresses fine. However, the job fails when I add the Audio Filter "Fade In/Out" with a duration of 1 for both in and out and gain at -100 for both.

I'd prefer using the filters in compressor so that I don't have to add transitions in FCP (The clips I'm working with are simple subclips that don't require their own timeline).

I've done all recent updates, rebooted, tried deleting compressor preferences. No luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

OS10.4.11
FCS2
Dual 2G, G5

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: compressor audio filter fails
on Feb 11, 2008 at 1:53:56 pm

Have you tried a longer duration on the fade?

Return to posts index

Kyriakos Tacos
on Feb 11, 2008 at 2:54:16 pm

I've tried audio fades from 1 sec to 5 seconds. No luck. Interestingly, it doesn't fail immediately as I watch it process in the history palette. I take it you haven't experienced this?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Feb 11, 2008 at 2:58:18 pm

No I haven't, but then again I wouldn't use a transcoding application to do any fades, audio or video. I'd want to do all of that in my NLE or compositor.

I'm not saying it's wrong to use compressor to do fades, it's just not the workflow I'd ever recommend, except in emergencies.

Return to posts index

Kyriakos Tacos
on Feb 11, 2008 at 3:26:16 pm

I agree. I wouldn't normally but the circumstances of my current project make it much more efficient to do so. Regardless, theses features should work in Compressor. How frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]