FORUMS: list search recent posts

4 cores

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron martinez
4 cores
on Feb 6, 2008 at 8:54:58 am

hello, i have a little question...i am using compressor on a 4 core macpro and when i render something, 10 bit uncompressed pal into mp4 i am seeing very little useo f all for cores...maybe 10% of each core. i would like to get a little more out of the machine. am i missing something?

thanks...ps i am using mac OSX tiger...

Return to posts index

aaron martinez
Re: 4 cores
on Feb 6, 2008 at 9:54:07 pm

hello,
i guess i can expand n my problem a little...i now need to convert 1 15 minute film with 7 different subtitled versions from 10bit uncompressed into both mpg 4 and WMV. i have read about episode and we have an old copy of cleaner that we have also tried...my question is what sofware would you, the profis, recommend for a little editing house...our problem is our clients are all over europe and we need to render out the formats so many times in up to 22 languanges...we are using 2,6 macpros but will purchase a new 8 core in the coming weeks. so i guess i am asking for recomendation on the software that will utilize our multi core machines...

would a new cleaner, a UB version, be faster than the old PPC version we tried?

thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Feb 7, 2008 at 7:53:44 am

Episode.

Forget cleaner, it's not been updated properly in years.

Return to posts index

chad gilmour
on Feb 11, 2008 at 8:55:04 pm

you can download a free plugin of episode that allows you to view wmv's in quicktime and gives you the ability to export WMVs out of compressor via the "export components" option. Do a search on apples website and I'm sure you can find it.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 12, 2008 at 2:31:56 pm

http://www.flip4mac.com/

Download Flip4Mac. Free Player from the folks who also make Episode. Flip4Mac Studio series (not free) lets you export WMV from most any Quicktime base app. Episode gives you a full scale compression app supporting many codecs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]