FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG Format compatible with QT

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adair Simon
MPEG Format compatible with QT
on Feb 5, 2008 at 6:22:04 pm

I just created in FCP a one minute video for a client who will put it on his website. It needs to be MPEG format compatible with QT and the file needs to be non-compressed AVI.
I compressed in Compressor and chose Web Videocasting QT option rather than the MPEG option. Does the QT option I chose fulfill my clients requirements? If not, what does in compressor?
I appreciate your input.

Adair

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: MPEG Format compatible with QT
on Feb 6, 2008 at 4:01:24 am

You simply cannot say "it needs to be MPEG" and "it needs to be uncompressed AVI" in the same sentence. Those are two very different things.

Also any form of MPEG is not the best codec for web streaming. At least not today. However, it your client only wants a QT movie that they can recompress to the codec of their choice you might have done the right thing. However, I still think you need more clarification from your client what formats they can take to recompress the file for web. Or what codec they want you to compress for the web.

More questions about what they want.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Feb 6, 2008 at 3:16:45 pm

Actually MPEG-4 (Pt 2) is ideally suited to streaming, and has been for some time.

Return to posts index

Adair Simon
on Feb 7, 2008 at 3:55:24 pm

Thanks for the response.
I went back twice to my client who went back twice to her client who finally told us exactly what their graphic person wanted. Having more information helped.

Adair

Adair

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]