FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 in Sorenson

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Goldschmidt
H.264 in Sorenson
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:21:55 pm

Hey guys. I was messing around with tons of settings today in Sorenson. With this news of getting HD quality out of Flash I kind of got excited. So what I did was i rendered out a few uncompressed digital juice files that way i am working with great footage. Well, after messing with tons of presets i am unable to get decent footage out of my settings.

1. i cant even find the h.264 compression. Even making the output smaller dimensions gives me crappy results. can anyone shed some light on what i may be missing. I have the latest update of sorenson 4.5 and the flash player. I understand that you cant make the SD footage into HD, but even rendering some Digital Juice HD footage I dont really get great results. Thanks

http://www.overflowuk.com

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Daniel Low
Re: H.264 in Sorenson
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:31:34 pm

Not sure what sort of audience you are aiming at but you could start with say the 'HD_720p' preset under the MPEG-4 (.mp4) Format settings.

You have a choice of CODEC, Apple AVC or Sorenson AVC Pro

There's nothing specific relating to Flash / H.264, simply put, the new Flash player will playback H.264 video. You do not need to encode H.264 files 'into Flash', as it were.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]