FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressed project won't fit on DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
saobrien79
Compressed project won't fit on DVD
on Jan 24, 2008 at 9:21:01 pm

I edited a FCP project that ended up timing at 1hr. 59 minutes, and 27 seconds.

I exported the project using Compressor, and chose my presets as MPEG-2 120min High Quality encode (choosing "All" for both video and audio).

I then brought this into DVD Studio Pro and proceeded to make the menus and chapters, etc.

First Question: I was surprised that the compressed audio and video were seperate (an aiff and then a m2v). Is that supposed to happen? Did I do something wrong since I had to add the aiff file seperately to the DVD?

Also, now that I have both on there, I'm being told it's too large to fit on the 4.5 GB DVD. My MPEG-2 file is 2.92 GB and my aiff file is 1.28 GB. Plus the templates are using some minimal space.

Is this because my project's too long? Or did I choose incorrect settings?

I'm trying the fast encode right now to see if it will work. Do you know if that quality is drastically different?

One more question! I'm using TDK discs because I've tried others that don't work when burning. Are there other brands that work as well? Thanks!

Sally

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressed project won't fit on DVD
on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:16:04 am

Try encoding your audio to AC3 rather than AIFF, that'll save quite a bit of space.

Otherwise you done nothing wrong and there's no point going for a fast encode, if anything that will produce files larger than the ones you have.

TDK should be OK - I swear by Verbatim

Return to posts index

sally obrien
on Jan 25, 2008 at 2:53:32 pm

Do you know how I choose the AC3 option in compressor? In the presets menu there's the 120 min High Quality Encode that automatically makes it an aiff.

But then at the top I saw an AAC audio option. Is that the same thing?

Thanks!

Sally

Sal

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 25, 2008 at 4:56:56 pm

Page 93 onwards of the user manual runs through the process of creating an AC3 - its really easy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]