FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG to (something braoadcastable)

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Fenn
MPEG to (something braoadcastable)
on Jan 22, 2008 at 3:08:25 pm

Hello, I work for a tv production company and some of our clients are sending us stuff through MPEG files for their news feeds. At the moment we are having a drama trying to convert these for our FCP systems. If we take them straight in there is no sound, if we convert them to anything else it takes hours to render them and we need as good quality as we can get - we are working to dv pal 4 x 3 at the moment.
We have tried to contact these companies to ask them what is the best way to compress - for optimum quality but they haven't got back.
Any ideas appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: MPEG to (something braoadcastable)
on Jan 22, 2008 at 5:14:07 pm

What kind of MPEG files?

MPEG-1, MPEG-2 I-Frame only MPEG-2, MPEG-4 etc?

At the end of the day you will need to demux MPEG files, that's to say, separate the video from the audio into two separate files. MPEG Streamclip should do this easily for you
http://www.squared5.com/
You can then bring these directly into FCP. However you'll likely still need to render to your sequence settings of DV PAL at some point, either in Streamclip or FCP.

Play around with the various output options of Streamclip to minimise rendering. All alter you sequence setting to match the output of Steamclip.

Return to posts index

Stephen Fenn
Re: MPEG to (something braoadcastable)
on Jan 22, 2008 at 9:26:57 pm

I guess it is just going to take a while. There's no quick way. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]