FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG 2 Compression

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
parker C
MPEG 2 Compression
on Jan 8, 2008 at 3:53:42 am

I need to create an MPEG2 file (from a quicktime) with audio embedded. I believe this means I need to mux the files? I have Compressor and Cleaner 6, and these don't seem to be able to do it. Does anyone know a good program for this and maybe the steps to do it? Would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: MPEG 2 Compression
on Jan 8, 2008 at 8:05:55 am

Cleaner 6 will do the trick.

When you encode your MPEG-2 file, be sure to select Program stream and not elementary stream. Elementary will give you a separate audio and video file, whereas Program will give you one muxed file.

Good luck with your project,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 8, 2008 at 12:42:41 pm

Both cleaner 6 and compressor will do the job for you. Cleaner will probably take forever to do it however and the result may not work where you need it to.

Return to posts index

parker C
on Jan 8, 2008 at 2:41:34 pm

Will I apply the "Program" setting in Compression as well?

Return to posts index

parker C
on Jan 8, 2008 at 6:09:22 pm

So I tried it in Cleaner 6, with the Program stream and I'm getting a lot of compression artifacts (although they play randomly, not always in the same place). What settings should I use in Compressor?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 9, 2008 at 10:13:11 am

Start with the 60 minute High Quality preset. This uses 2-pass VBR.

Return to posts index

benny g
on Jan 10, 2008 at 10:17:55 pm

You could also try using MPEG STREAMCLIP. Its a free download off the interweb, and it moves much faster than cleaner in muxing your movies.

Return to posts index

parker C
on Jan 10, 2008 at 11:11:53 pm

Thanks for your all your help guys. I finally ended up using Compressor to make the combined file (which wouldn't open in quicktime) and then MPEG Streamclip to mux the file into a viewable file. Don't know if this is the easiest way, but it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]