FORUMS: list search recent posts

URGENT to anyone looking to buy Sorenson Squueze

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Goldschmidt
URGENT to anyone looking to buy Sorenson Squueze
on Dec 28, 2007 at 9:19:02 am

i found a company thats selling Sorenson Squeeze Power Pack for 250 bucks. They are based out of Australia and I just picked it up yesterday. Works Like a Charm. Registered and ready to go. Just thought Id share it with you.

smartdigital.com.au

http://www.overflowuk.com

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: URGENT to anyone looking to buy Sorenson Squueze
on Jan 4, 2008 at 3:30:15 pm

wow, nice find!

Aharon Rabinowitz
Email: arabinowitz (AT) yahoo (DOT) com
All Bets Are Off Productions, Inc.
Creative Cow After Effect Podcast
Internet Killed the Video Star: A Guide to Creating Video for the Web

Return to posts index

David Goldschmidt
on Jan 4, 2008 at 3:38:56 pm

i have my download and serial, plus for 20 bucks more they are sendming me from australia to scotland the cd itself with the training. i registered and have already submitted 5 questions and no problems with the key.

do u think i wasted my money?>

later

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Jan 4, 2008 at 3:50:10 pm

Do I think you wasted money on what?

offhand the website looks perfectly legitimate, and a very good price. Have you registered the software with Sorenson yet? If the serial number works, and you've registered it, there's no reason to believe that you were ripped off in some way.

Aharon Rabinowitz

Return to posts index

David Goldschmidt
on Jan 4, 2008 at 3:52:17 pm

the software.. is that a good deal on sorenson squeeze? i know its a lot cheaper but i hope it wasnt just a ambitious purchase for software i may not use that much and figure it out.

Return to posts index

David Goldschmidt
on Jan 4, 2008 at 3:52:18 pm

the software.. is that a good deal on sorenson squeeze? i know its a lot cheaper but i hope it wasnt just a ambitious purchase for software i may not use that much and figure it out.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Jan 4, 2008 at 3:59:06 pm

It's a very good deal. However, it's only a good deal if you intend to use it.

Do you (or do you want to) make video for the web? If so, then, certainly at that price, it's a good deal.

at it's most basic, Squeeze is pretty easy to use. But to really take advantage of any advanced compression package, you need to understand the options under the hood - codecs, formats, multipass processing, keyframes... etc. The help files will get you started, and there's a lot of material out there (including my own training DVD, which you can find a link to in my signature - sorry for the plug, but it's true).

Aharon Rabinowitz

Return to posts index

David Goldschmidt
on Jan 4, 2008 at 4:06:03 pm

i am def. interested in your training. i didnt know if there was a cheaper download version available or payable podcast, just didnt want to spend more money on shipping. my family is coming to visit in a few months and was probably just going to wait and have them get it for me from the states.

thanks

Return to posts index

Wayne Orr
on Jan 5, 2008 at 12:08:16 am

I read David's original post, and went to the smartdigital site and ordered Squeeze. The order went through, but I received no follow-up instructions for the download of the software. I chalked it up to the New Years holiday, and gave them an extra day. Short story is, I have not received any communication from this site, despite three emails to both the administrator and sales. I just called AmEx and put a stop on the transaction. I'm not accusing anyone of anything improper - but feel I was at least due an email from the company. You're all welcome to make what you will of my experience. I'll let you know if I ever hear from them. They may be more responsive to the inquiry they will be getting from AmEx. (Always cover your ass with a reputable credit card)

Wayne Orr

Return to posts index

David Goldschmidt
on Jan 5, 2008 at 12:13:52 am

remember that they are in australia so everything is a day ahead. dont know what to say. i got my response within 24 hours. sorry man

dave

Return to posts index

Frank Thomas
on Jan 16, 2008 at 7:21:54 am

A lot of companies here in Australia close down from mid-December to mid-January. This may be the case here.

Return to posts index

nan mcElroy
on Feb 5, 2008 at 2:28:14 pm

I ordered Sorenson Squeeze Suite as an electronic download from smartdigital, but didn't receive any e-mail with download instructions, etc. I wrote to james [at] smartdigital.com.au though, and he responded right away with the download link and keycode. I was happy to do a little extra work to have Squeeze for half the retail price.

Once I get the Video Star DVD I'll be all set (can't bear icky video).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]