FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video for Flash website

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sue Lawson
Video for Flash website
on Dec 20, 2007 at 8:37:23 pm

Hi all!

I'm working with 720x480 DV footage (29.97 frame rate) that the client wants compressed for their website (a Flash web site). All the other uploads that I've done have been either just for download or regular streaming.

Any suggestions/advice for encoding for a Flash site? Any thing in particular that I need to watch out for?

Thanks in advance!

-- Sue

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: Video for Flash website
on Dec 23, 2007 at 2:24:40 am

Off hand I think you're already prepared for the task-

I'm assuming that you already know that you need to get that video converted to a square pixel resolution (like 640x480, or 320 x240) - that PAR of 0.9 needs to be changed to actual square pixels too.

Also, you've already delivered flash video for the web - having it play from a flash based website should make no difference in your settings (assuming they're already good).

You probably want to deliver an FLV, and they will then set up a flash player that can play it.

Obviously your best bet is to use an advanced compression program like Flix Pro or Sorenson Squeeze to deliver the best possible video. They do a much better job of compressing than Flash or your video editor will do.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Aharon

Aharon Rabinowitz
Email: arabinowitz (AT) yahoo (DOT) com
All Bets Are Off Productions, Inc.
Creative Cow After Effect Podcast
Internet Killed the Video Star: A Guide to Creating Video for the Web

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]