FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two Quicktime Questions

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Moseman
Two Quicktime Questions
on Dec 16, 2007 at 9:01:16 pm

I have been encoding video for web and broadcast for a few years now and while I am certainly no expert, I understand the basics of whats going on under the hood. I was curious though in quicktime, what is actually going on when i click the High Quality checkbox in the Video Properties window, video track selected, visual settings tab? If I select this checkbox and then save an NTSC video, will this positively or negatively affect the video if I author it to a DVD?

Also, I encode a lot of video that originally aired on Braoadcast and now is moving online. Is their a resource of some sort that can help give guidelines or baseline ideas for adjusting broadcast video to web color space? Anything to help take some of the guesswork out of making color and luminance adjustments.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andy Beach
Re: Two Quicktime Questions
on Dec 20, 2007 at 9:49:33 pm

Hi Alex -

To my knowledge (others feel free to correct) the high quality button is there to enable showing the full res version of a DV codec QT movie. by default, a lower resolution of DV is displayed for playback purposes, but the HQ button is there to allow you to over ride that. I typically use it if i need to do a screen grab of a DV clip for documentation of something else. This should no effect the quality at all when laying back to tape or encoding into another codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]