FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: render for YouTube

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Len Reston
on Dec 7, 2007 at 8:51:08 am

This may have been already discussed but I'm new here and have only searched a few forums.

FYI, there's a bug exploit that allows short clips under 4 minutes at 640x480. The shorter the clip the higher the bitrate.

check out

or search "How To: Upload Lossless" for more returns and comments.

Only Total Video Converter version 3.10 will work. The current 3.11 does not do it. Someone else had mentioned another program that will work with the same settings. I uploaded one Dec 6, 07 and it still works. I find it amusing that the exploit *requires* the selection of 320Kbps stereo mp3. I have not experimented with other settings.

I think this is a good example (not my video) of the results. The problem is that youtube has stuff tuned for less than 300kbps, so just let it load and restart, or download the flv. Also the player shows the wrong total time. But it's certainly a big improvement in comparison to the average quality over there.

Considering youtube's bandwidth usage was 25 petabytes/month last year, the small number of people likely to bother with this exploit is a drop in the ocean. Although they may or may not deliberately fix the bug, a sw update on their end may eliminate it at any time, just like a minor revision in TVC.

I uploaded this

a few days ago. It's a 2 minute clip at 640x480 1Mbps flv, driving on the San Fran-Oakland Bay bridge. DCR-SR100 (SD @ ~9Mbps Mpeg2 to hdd) and crappy built in microphone - 4.5" Wood's suction cup stuck to the inside of the windshield picked up a lot of suspension noise. KYB shocks/urethane mounts don't do it any good either - would not recommend installing them in a (any?) Town Car (it was in their catalog for the TC but they just want to sell shocks).

It was rendered first to mpeg1 in Vegas platinum - couldn't find the standard mpeg2 template for 640x480. Found out later it's better to render at 30fps rather than 25 when using slow shutter mode at night for less jitter - have little experience with editing/rendering. Was using ver 6c - anticipate getting a small AVCHD HDD camcorder.

Return to posts index

Danny2007
on Dec 7, 2007 at 5:28:34 pm

Great post.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]