FORUMS: list search recent posts

Episode Pro questions

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Poisson
Episode Pro questions
on Dec 5, 2007 at 1:44:24 pm

There are a few presets for HD mpeg2, which I hope to try in DVDSP. The wrinkle is there's no setting for 720p, so I am adjusting the size on one of the 1080 settings. DVDSP doesn't take any of my results.

I made a couple different files in Compressor, both m2v HD and H264 at 720p, and they go in just fine, only unless I turn on the frame controls in Compressor and tweak up the deinterlacing quality and anti-aliasing, they suck when played on a big screen. Problem is a 4 minute show takes about 12 hours to encode on a G5 dual 2 gig.

So, I am really hoping I can get Episode to work, any other suggestions? I also have Squeeze.

BTW the ones that do go into DVDSP play on a Toshiba A30 just fine.

Have a wonderful day.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Episode Pro questions
on Dec 5, 2007 at 9:52:48 pm

Why not post in Cow Episode forum since other Episode users might benefit from anything learned?

http://forums.creativecow.net/viewforum/232

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Dec 6, 2007 at 2:20:46 pm

Craig,

I did, I double-posted 'cause I'm on deadline with this, I even spent about an hour on the phone and email with Telestream yesterday, none of us can figure this out.

Have a wonderful day.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 6, 2007 at 4:18:10 pm

After I posted the above I noticed you posted there too. Sorry. Sometimes keeping things in one place make it easier for me (and others?) to keep track of otherwise you can up with two threads and some people missing one or the other and that may well slow collaborative trouble shooting.

See additional comments in the other thread.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Episode HD-DVD 720p solution
on Dec 7, 2007 at 12:52:26 am

For those following this thread go here for solution thus far.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/232/401

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]