FORUMS: list search recent posts

WMV - Uncompressed / Lossless Windows Media Video encoding

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ackerman
WMV - Uncompressed / Lossless Windows Media Video encoding
on Dec 4, 2007 at 6:10:26 pm

Hello,

We are a primarily Mac/Quicktime based post house. On occasion we have clients who only use Windows, and prefer that any postings/files they receive are WMV files. At the end of a job they will ask for an "Uncompressed WMV" file. I use Cleaner 6.5 to do most of my WMV encoding from quicktime files, but haven't been able to create any lossless/uncompressed files. I also use Cleaner XL on the one PC that we have, but without any luck. The highest file-size of an output I can get from a 4 GB files is usually under 200 MB. It won't let me create a file with a bit-rate much higher than 10,000 kbps. The bit-rate of my uncompressed quicktime is 167 Mbps. Is it possible to create an uncompressed WMV file?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you,

Ackerman

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: WMV - Uncompressed / Lossless Windows Media Video encoding
on Dec 4, 2007 at 8:08:18 pm

On the Mac you'll want to get Flip4Mac Studio Pro or Studio Pro HD.

Depending on use, you can use WMV9 or WMV9 Advanced (often called VC-1) and use 1 Pass VBR with Quality set to 100. It's still not "uncompressed" but it's as close as you'll get using WMV on the Mac at least.

Again depending on their use and what your sequence codec is, you can output the sequence codec as an AVI file but there are some compatibility variables on that (do they have the codec on their computer for example).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]