FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with Cinematize 2

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matjusm
Need help with Cinematize 2
on Nov 22, 2007 at 7:03:17 pm

I've got some footage on DVDs that I need to edit (nothing piracy-related, this is camera footage which by mistake was burned to DVDs as Vob files). Using Cinematize 2 to convert.

Anyway, I'm having problems with finding some good render settings. I wan't to make something that doesn't take too much hard drive space but also has pretty good quality (well wouldn't we all like that). For example those 480p movie trailers on Apple.com seem to have a data rate of around 20 MB per minute or so, a size I'm willing to live with but right now my I managed to make an 8 GB file from less than 3GB of source (duration of 41 minutes) with the Sorenson 3 codec for Quicktime and the quality turned up to the highest. How on earth can this be normal? Is Sorenson really this uncompressed that it triples the size of my rendered files?
I'm going to be working with Avid so I need something that it can import. I did manage to make some very decent looking Divx encoded files with Virtual Dub and that also had a reasonable size (about 1/4 of the original) but unfortunately Avid doesn't accept those and Premiere Pro, my other option, doesn't play them back very well.

In case you don't want to read all of the above this is a short version of my question:
What are the settings to create something as small and good looking as possible in Cinematize 2 that can be imported into Avid?

Thanks for any and all help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]