FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fcp Studio, the best quality output file?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam69
Fcp Studio, the best quality output file?
on Nov 14, 2007 at 9:30:44 pm

Hello!

This is my very first post to this forum, but I

Return to posts index

Danny2007
Re: Fcp Studio, the best quality output file?
on Nov 15, 2007 at 10:17:13 am

I'd use H.264 and AAC audio.
The exact settings will depend on the length of the clips and or the maximum file size you'll be able to work with (given bandwidth contraints etc)but ultimatley the quality your client needs and expects.

Easiest way to to export from FCP as a Quicktime movie.

Return to posts index

c1dumbkid
on Nov 19, 2007 at 1:32:51 am

Uncompressed 10bit has zero quality loss, it actually looks better than a regular quicktime movie export, expect ENORMOUS files though. It probably isn't worth it, and gets impracticale when you start running in execess of 15 minutes, but when I have shorter movies, 7min or less I render out an uncompressed and back that up on a dvd. Then if I need to use it again down the road, and compress it to something it won't have had any generational loss. It's a bit of an impracticle format given it's size, but it's something to think about anyways, especially for shorter projects.

Return to posts index

Hazestudios
on Nov 21, 2007 at 12:39:46 am

As a simple and quick answer man, try exporting a quicktime movie out of Final Cut with the Current Settings. This will use the same quality you're working in. If the file size is too big, go with Danny's answer, he's all over it.

Return to posts index

sam69
on Nov 26, 2007 at 2:00:18 pm

Hi.

Just wanted to thank you very much for your advices. I found them very helpful. Thank you.

Sam.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]