FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 encoding for Flash Player 9

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cutler
H.264 encoding for Flash Player 9
on Nov 14, 2007 at 5:16:43 am

Aharon, I bought and love your Encoding DVD. It's fantastic. You filled in the missing piece of the compression puzzle: how it's a balance of the three or four settings you talked about. i've been using the Sorenson presets all these years but now I'm getting much better results by using your suggestions.

Question please: With Flash Player 9 now supporting H.264, I would like to try re-encoding our site's videos in H.264 to be played by the visitor's flash player. (Even though it's new, I'd be counting on Flash telling the visitor to grab the new version. H.264 can give such great results). But I'm confused as to what format to prepare the video. I assume using Sorenson 4.5 I create an FLV and select H.264 and AAC? Neither are in my copy of Sorenson 4.5 Pro Suite. Do I have the method wrong?

Return to posts index

Danny2007
Re: H.264 encoding for Flash Player 9
on Nov 14, 2007 at 1:33:46 pm

Jim,

You are 'slightly' ahead of the curve here, there are a number of things that Adobe needs to iron out before we'll know how, what and where we should be encoding H.264 for Flash. For example the file extension will be .f4v, not .flv. An that was only announced in the last couple of weeks.
Suffice to say, Squeeze will need an update before it's going to be ready to do the job for you.

It maybe a good idea in the interim to experiment with H.264 encodes just so you are more familiar.

Return to posts index

Jim Cutler
on Nov 14, 2007 at 1:42:56 pm

Hi Danny,

OK, good. I thought things had changed so quickly that I was out of the loop. Looks like it is still early. Thanks for the help. :)

Return to posts index

Diego Massanti
on Jan 2, 2008 at 2:45:42 am

If you or anybody is interested about encoding high quality h264 video with aacPlus audio with all FREE tools, you should take a look a this tutorial that i have written some days ago.

Take care, Diego Massanti.
http://massanti.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]