FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codec Questions

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave
Codec Questions
by
on Nov 6, 2007 at 8:10:27 pm

Ok so I decided to participate is the Tori Amos contest and downloaded the footage. Now here's my problem... I don't think that I have a DV codec because nothing that I have, Avid Xpress DV 4.1, After Effects 6.5, Quicktime Pro 7.2, will recognize the footage. The blog on here says that it is a DV codec, on the contest site it says DV25, when I try to open the files in quicktime the error message that I get says... "ERROR -2048: Couldn't open the file CAM_B_Tk1_WS.mov because it is not a file that QuickTime understands." and I get a similar message in AFX and Avid.

Return to posts index

epontius
Re: Codec Questions
on Nov 6, 2007 at 10:24:23 pm

Oh...how cool. Looks like it's going to be a tough one to key out.
I've got pretty much the same software installed as you..Avid, after effects, QT pro... Seems to open up fine. Ordinarly, if you are missing a codec, QT and AE will show a white screen rather than the video. If you are getting an error instead, there is a possibility that the file is corrupted.
I downloaded the first file off the site and it was pretty close to a gig..919mb's. So if your download crapped out part way through that might explain why it can't open it.

Erik

Return to posts index

Dave
Re: Codec Questions
by
on Nov 6, 2007 at 11:34:08 pm

Ok I'll try re-downloading the footage and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]