FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help! Having a nightmare with Compression!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
diogoueno
Please help! Having a nightmare with Compression!
on Oct 26, 2007 at 12:44:09 am

I'm having the hardest time ever trying to build & format my dvd in DVD Studio Pro. I used compressor from FCP as a 90 minutes high quality mpeg -2 (6.2 mbps avg rate) with default settings and no filtering. The only thing I did was crop top and bottom, as the sequence content is letterboxed (720x480). The sequence is 89 minutes long.

Compressor delivers me a fine file that averages 6.145 mbps and the image looking good, except for the very 2 last sequences of about 2 minutes long! They have severe pixelation all over the place...

Now, as I tried to export from FCP only the last 5 minutes on a new sequence, it appears fine, but averaging only 5.5 mbps! The footage is perfectly fine, was shot 24pa with the pulldown removed ok! I don't know what is going on...

I tried to mix the 84 minutes of the first file with the 5 minutes of the new sequence, on DVD Studio Pro, but I keep getting an "INTERNAL MIXER ERROR". Is this because of the different bit rates? Anyway, the DVD content altogether ends up with only 4.4 gig...

Why am I getting only an average of 5.5 mbps when I try to compress those last 5 minutes, if the settings were the same 90 minutes high quality mpeg -2 (6.2 mbps avg rate) with default settings and no filtering??? There is no apparent problems with the footage and, when I click "analyze movie", it also appears as having the same settings as the rest of the footage.

Anyone out there to help? I have spent the past 2 weeks stuck with this problem, which is one of the final steps in the process of making my doc feature, which took me more than a year!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Please help! Having a nightmare with Compression!
on Oct 26, 2007 at 2:04:21 am

Try adding Compression Markers in FCP over the areas that encode pixelated.

I don't know how the content of those last 2 sequences differ from the rest of the material but if there's lots of motion at those points, forcing I frames at those points can help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]