FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 Trial avi issues

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kimbobob
Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 Trial avi issues
on Oct 25, 2007 at 7:10:42 am

I downloaded the trial version of Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 and attempted to import an avi to compress. I immediately got an error that said

"Unsupported Media Format
Unable to add the source file(s). The following file(s) are not supported..."

In the help it says under avi:

"Note: To use AVI files as source files, the same codec that created the source file must be installed on the computer running Squeeze."

But the file is uncompressed. It's also 25 gbs or so. Is that the problem? It's just too big? I don't really know how you could work around that. If I had to compress the file to put into the compressor... well that just seems pointless. And even so, this is the same computer that it was exported on, so if there was a codec used, it IS on the computer.

Or am I just facing restrictions of the trial version?

Return to posts index

Danny2007
Re: Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 Trial avi issues
on Oct 25, 2007 at 9:31:18 am

Even uncompressed files use a codec.
What application did you use to create the file in the first place?
What settings did you use in that application to create the file?

As it says on the Sorenson site "This is a full-functioning copy of Sorenson Squeeze, but all compressed video will include a watermark until the product is purchased and unlocked"

So you're not hitting a limitation of the trial version.

Return to posts index

kimbobob
on Oct 25, 2007 at 5:10:17 pm

I used Premiere to originally export it as an Apple Animation, then I used After Effects to export it as an avi with Video for Windows.

But the requirement is just to have those codecs installed on the computer. Since I'm compressing it on the same computer I exported it on, shouldn't that mean they ARE installed on this computer?

Return to posts index

Danny2007
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:48:27 pm

Ah, the Video For Windows route is best avoided. If you started with the Animation codec then re-export it using the same codec and settings. It's not the most efficient codec but it's very high quality.

For more info see: http://www.onerivermedia.com/codecs/

Return to posts index

kimbobob
on Oct 25, 2007 at 7:28:43 pm

Oh ok. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]