FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting VRO Files on a mac?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GK_Dan
Converting VRO Files on a mac?
on Sep 21, 2007 at 7:51:49 pm

not sure if this is the right forum for my issue, but here it is: I will be receiving VRO files from a corporate client that will need to be converted so I can burn them onto a playable dvd.

I have never dealt with VRO files in the past - so, here is my question: what is the best way to do this? If anyone knows, does quicktime recognize VRO files?

I am on a Mac Pro Tower running latest mac os, quicktime, final cut studio softwares. I am also running Parallels desktop for windows stuff.

Thanks!!!!

Return to posts index

GK_Dan
Re: Converting VRO Files on a mac?
on Sep 21, 2007 at 8:17:41 pm

after a little more research it appears I may be able to do what I need to do using MPEG streamclip. we'll see.

Return to posts index

Anne Powers
Re: Converting VRO Files on a mac?
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:41:52 pm

I am going through this same process.

Yes, MPEG Streamclip does a great job of converting the VROS to just about anything. BTW, you can bring VROS (Video) right into Final Cut.

In my case, I am saving the VROS out of MPEG Streamclip using the default
Apple Motion JPEG A for Quicktime. I have tried both 50% and 100% and
can't tell a huge difference in the quality thought the filesize for 100% is huge.

Here's my issue and I wonder if you have found out anything on this.
Actually the VROS look pretty great to me and they are extremely small filesize. However, I need to be able to edit them in Final Cut or AE
and then share them out as the best looking/smallest filesize. So far I've done H.264 and have tried a few others...but find all disappointing when I compare them to the original VROS.

What have you found as the best choice for final export after editing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]