FORUMS: list search recent posts

compress now using iDvd or wait and use DVDPro for DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sheilerama
compress now using iDvd or wait and use DVDPro for DVD
on Sep 16, 2007 at 12:07:28 pm

Hi,

I've got a couple of short videos that have tons of effects and transitions -- totalling about 15 minutes tops. I had them compressed using QT Pro, and all went pretty well.... and then I was able to re-edit them (director was a bit hurried on sound quality) so that they sound and look much better - but I've got a couple of issues that you in the forum might be able to advise me.

Right now, I would like to burn a dvd so that we can show them to a prospective customer. He's already seen them on the web, but since I was able to recut them, I'd like to show him the better version...and on dvd.

1) my G4 at home no longer has QT Pro. I must have inadvertently upgraded in one of the numerous software updates which gave me a more modern version of QT that overwrote my QT pro license. Therefore my options are limited to compressor 1.2, right?

2) My home G4 also does not have DVDPro. Just has iDVD.

Can I use iDVD to burn this disk and have it come out decently, coming directly from Final Cut Pro 4.5?

2B) if so, do I need to compress it using Compressor -- or can I do this with iDVD? I don't want to double compress it if I don't have to.

3) or, would it be better if I waited to go into work on Monday and used my free time, taking the files from my external hard drive to use the computers there --- G5s that run FCP 5 and have DVD Pro? My main issue is time. If I need to spend all day compressing, I might as well do that here at home.

I tried compressing last week using compressor and got these horrifically huge files...I am too ashamed to tell you how big.

I don't have the $30 right now to buy an upgrade of QT Pro or any other compression app -- I have to make do with what I have.

Any advice is most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Sheila

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]