FORUMS: list search recent posts

sorenson squeeze help

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
sorenson squeeze help
on Sep 12, 2007 at 4:50:00 pm

Hey guys,

you do great work by the way. Love the online training tutorials you do. Impressive.

got a little problem I was wondering you could help me with. I have sorensone squeeze 4 I use mostly for compressing video to .swf files, and real audio for a client. Recenly, the client asked for some .flv files of something and I thought nothing of using squeeze to do that also.

The problem? well, the squeeze program states the compression went fine, no errors, but I am unable to view the file using flash, flash player, or even something like stream clip. I just get an error message stating either 'unable to open' or 'no video or audio present' (though the file shows a file size).

Any suggestions? known bugs? a setting I could trash? Technique? Let me know. thanks.

Rick

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: sorenson squeeze help
on Sep 13, 2007 at 8:04:24 pm

You may need to download a freebie flv player, you have a lot of choices. I use Riva I believe.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Sep 16, 2007 at 12:50:22 pm

Squeeze should come with an FLV player - however, if not - you can grab this one free:

http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-2139_4-10505954.html?tag=lst-0-1

However, all of that said, you will need to create an FLV player for your flash video. This is a specialized SWF file that loads and plays the FLV Video. This can be done in one of several ways:

After VCideo is compressed:
1. In FLash using the FLV playback components (No scripting knowledge required)
2. Designing your own components in Flash, and using ActionScript to make the buttons work.
3. Use a pre-made player (such as the one found at AFcomponents.com) to load and play the FLV on your site.

All 3 methods require that you user flash to create the player

But if you are doing it before compressing, you have a few more options:
1. Compressing in squeeze or Flix Pro, and setting it to use a player.
- In squeeze, set it to swf and then in the player settings, set it to linked FLV file (so it makes an SWF player that loads the FLV)
2. Encode the video in flash, and add player controls as mentioned above (#'s 1-3)

If you find this confusing - you're not alone. It;s for that reason I created my new Creative Cow Master Series DVD - Internet Killed the video Star: A guide to creating video for the web - which walks you through this and other web video related tasks. You can find that and other great training DVD's here:

training.creativecow.net

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
arabinowitz(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com

Click the link below to subscribe to the Creative Cow After Effects Podcast, and get free AE video tutorials:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=111087911

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Sep 16, 2007 at 12:51:37 pm

forgot to mention - you can also compress to FLV using Adobe Folash Encoder - but it does not create a the FLV player for you - so you have to use the methods I mentioned for that.

Aharon Rabinowitz

Click the link below to subscribe to the Creative Cow After Effects Podcast, and get free AE video tutorials:

Return to posts index

GDodge
on Sep 28, 2007 at 9:55:18 am

Enjoyed "Internet Killed the Video Star..." just went through it for the second time.

The question I have is as follows:

I want to create short videos (20 sec-2 minute) as smaples of DVDs and stock footage and place them on the web. I've already done that using Qt time movies embeded in a web page. However, to increase viewer accessibilty I want to create Flash videos.

I'm using a text editor for the web page and have copied code from the interent to use in my html document for the flash videos. There will be a list of video choices to choose from, clicking on one will take you to a separate page to view the video in it's player.

I'm using Sorenson squeeze 4.3 to do the compression. In fact, I've already compressed video and created swf and flv files using VP6_Med (On2 VP6 Pro) placed them into the html document and uploaded them to the interernet using one of the players found within the format's Player Options, Player Templates of Sorenson Squeeze. All works well, except!

The problem: The player template, in fact, all of the templates within the list of Player Templates available within Player Options show a logo over the video, in other words there is a Sorenson Squeeze logo on top of the video during playback of the video.

I know there is a simple solution to this problem, however, it's only simple after you find out how to correct it. Anyone have the key?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Richard17
on Oct 19, 2007 at 8:03:48 pm

Aharon:

I too would like to congratulate you on your "Internet Killed the Video Star." I have learned a lot from it. I am still unclear if and how one might integrate AFC's FLV player into the Sorenson Squeeze (4.5.6) workflow. It seems as if one might be able to drag files from FLV download to SS template folder. But
I have been unsuccessful so far. Can this be done? And if so can you outline briefly the process and what files to transfer?

Many Thanks.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Oct 19, 2007 at 8:18:10 pm

Are you sure this is possible? I'm not sure how one would do this. You might consider emailing the creator to see if he has any insight.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.

Aharon Rabinowitz

Return to posts index

John Reis
on Oct 13, 2008 at 2:53:38 pm

I cant figure out how to use the AF component player either. I to purchased Internet Killed the Video Star. I hate the Sorenson players,
dropping the players from AF components into the SS folder does not seem to work.

Return to posts index

John Reis
on Oct 14, 2008 at 2:02:15 am

I dont own Flash, Im just a video editor. I love squeeze, and thats where I spent my money. Shouldnt Squeeze be enough. I will look elsewhere, but there is an add player option, and tabs for adding action scripts.

Methinks the answer to why the skins dont show up in the resulting movies lies in those empty action script tabs. Alas, I am just an editor, unfamiliar with action script and genuinely perplexed as to why not even the sorenson website has an answer. I guess they think their players are really awesome, which they are not

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]