FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandos
compression
on Aug 24, 2007 at 11:06:49 am

i want to be a producer so i am developing myself.but it is too diffucult to learn without teacher.i am studying after effect, learnt a lot of thing thank to creative cow.i have a problem. i am a home user and i havent a mac. i use windows.i dont know how do compress.i download sorenson squeeze. its site said that support avi and wmv but i didnt imported these formats.which way best for compression? is sorenson squeeze enough? how am i render from after effect? and give me some information about hd please... this is not my main language so iam sorry about error in this article.:D maybe i am a teen ability. :D

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: compression
on Sep 1, 2007 at 3:18:21 pm

It's been a week and no one answered. Sorry, I've been a bit busy but here goes.

On the Mac both Squeeze and Episode are good. They're very different to work with and have different advantages.

On Windows there's Squeeze and ProCoder that come to mind but I generally don't do my compression on Windows . . . I do use Windows Media Encoder though if it fits the project goal.

Many like using the Animation codec out of After Effects as a source for your compression app. There's always workflow considerations too. You want the highest quality source your system can handle for compression.

AVI is a wrapper so the quality of that source depends on what's on the "inside."
WMV may/may not be heavily compressed already which mean another compression can be a significant quality loss. If someone has to hand you a WMV you can ask them to do a "Quality" encode of 1 Pass VBR, Quality set to 100. It'll be a large file but that's a good thing.

I hope this isn't too difficult to read. It's hard enough to learn compression without the language issues.

Return to posts index

mandos
Re: compression
on Sep 3, 2007 at 10:38:43 am

thanks for information.unfortunately i must to use windows because i am a home user.of course its better to work with mac.i want to ask something.which codec do you use for compress?xvid,divx,h264 etc.in compress which thing is more important? software or codec? of course both are important. but these software are very different.are differences about quailty or speed or support format.other question: what is the best hd compression tecnique?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]