FORUMS: list search recent posts

compressing to .flv problem

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michellel
compressing to .flv problem
on Aug 15, 2007 at 12:47:40 pm

So we've been having problems compressing QTs to .flv on cleaner 6. We need to do a lot of spots and when we try to compress a batch of QTs it compresses the first one fine then all the others it cuts of right at the beginning of the QT. Basically, compresses only the first few frames. Has anyone had this problem before? Any solutions? Ideas? The QT is a same as source QT from an Avid Adrenalin.

Thanks,
Michelle

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: compressing to .flv problem
on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:00:03 am

Cleaner is now up to 6.5.1 but given the infrequent updates it's not a program I'd depend on for my business.

Have you considered switching to Squeeze or taking advantage of the Cleaner crossgrade to Episode. Both do excellent Flash (includes Flash 7 and Flash 8 is $100 option).

I just don't think you're going to find much support for Cleaner issues. I have Cleaner 6.5.1, Squeeze 4.5 and Episode Pro 4.3. I never use Cleaner anymore. Basically if you've found an issue/bug in Cleaner and no one has a workaround, Autodesk isn't likely to help you or fix the bug.

Return to posts index

michellel
on Aug 16, 2007 at 12:48:35 pm

Thanks for the info. Will look into those two.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Aug 16, 2007 at 4:59:16 pm

I find Squeeze to be extremely reliable. Another option for FLV's is On2 Flix Pro.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
arabinowitz(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com

----------------------------------------
Click the link below to subscribe to the Creative Cow After Effects Podcast, and get free AE video tutorials:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=111087911

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Aug 16, 2007 at 10:15:16 pm

Cleaner 6.5.1 is an awesome compressor app.....get the 6.5.1 u0date and your problems will be solved. There are better apps today, but 6.5.1 is still our old reliable batch encoder. The update solved all our issues. I use it all the time to make FLVs for clients and they swear I am using the new On2 Flash 8 encoder. They have used our services to solve issues they had with other service providers in town. Cleaner 6.5.1 will get it done.

There are better, but it is still a functional app for batch encoding.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]