FORUMS: list search recent posts

Skipping playback while viewing on the web?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DigMeSource
Skipping playback while viewing on the web?
on Aug 13, 2007 at 12:44:24 pm

Whattup in the pasture?!

I just compressed a video and sent it to my client. On my end it plays perfectly. I viewed it from their website and it's skipping a little bit. Audio and video. I compressed it using wmv codec and everything was good on my end. What can cause this? A little more info: I believe they have Windows media embedded in their website for viewing. Can that play a role? Also, it looks like the video is playing back at a smaller size than it's original size. Please let me know if I can provide any more info.

http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1083442307#Video

Matt

Return to posts index

Danny2007
Re: Skipping playback while viewing on the web?
on Aug 13, 2007 at 3:25:08 pm

That link shows Flash video not Windows media so it looks like they transcoded your video, possibly very badly.

Neither the player 'window' or the video frame are at a 'standard' frame size, the video is obviously 'squished', but apart from one skip near the end it played pretty smoothly for me.

What settings did you use to encode (Frame size, frame rate, data rate of video and audio etc)?

Return to posts index

DigMeSource
on Aug 13, 2007 at 6:14:54 pm

What settings did you use to encode (Frame size, frame rate, data rate of video and audio etc)?

720:480
30fps
700 CBR data rate (video)
50 VBR data rate Audio
100 Keyframe Interval

Since they're using flash, that's apparently their preferred format. I'm sure the smartest thing to do would be to just ask them what settings they prefer.

If you have any suggestions for me, I'm open to any ideas.

Return to posts index

Danny2007
on Aug 13, 2007 at 7:27:53 pm

Looks like they're messing up as your settings are OK.

If they are delivering all thier video like this then they are the ones who need a bit of education.

Return to posts index

DigMeSource
on Aug 13, 2007 at 7:35:18 pm

So for once I've got it right. Here's another question though...

I decided to look into rendering it as a flash video out of AE7.0 but I don't see that option. Can AE do that? If not what's the best way to render something as a flash video?

Return to posts index

Danny2007
on Aug 13, 2007 at 7:46:19 pm

There are a bunch of ways to do a nice flash encode, depends on platform and budget or available software

Return to posts index

DigMeSource
on Aug 13, 2007 at 8:10:49 pm

OK, I just checked Sorenson squeeze and I have it in there. Just never used it. It seems it's become much more popular these days. Is that because of Youtube?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]