FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor crash

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mentalese
Compressor crash
on Aug 8, 2007 at 10:18:11 pm

Hi all,
Ive been having trouble with compressor not opening up. Does anyone know if having lets say fcp and compressor installed and (dvdsp, motion, soundtrack from a different fcp studio installed) would that cause the problem? They are the same version yet just from different studio packages(different serial numbers). Actually dvdsp,motion,soundtrack is from the fc studio, the other is just fcp with compressor academic version.
Thanks for your help.
Jarib

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compressor crash
on Aug 9, 2007 at 6:21:10 pm

I've never known anyone to have a reason for such a setup. If you have Studio just install the whole package. I can imagine there can be all sorts of problems with parts coming from different versions. Are all the apps from FCS1 or FCS2?

As a first step, I'd recommend a complete reinstall of FCS and then run software update until it's current.

If that doesn't work, there are more drastic measures.

Return to posts index

mentalese
on Aug 11, 2007 at 9:21:51 pm

Thanks. Yeah I know it seems stupid doing it that way. I'll just reinstall from the one package. Its just that we have a network here and two of the same fcp's on 2 different computers. It wont alow it. I'll just have to unhook one computer from the network.
Thanks again
Jarib

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 13, 2007 at 3:48:18 pm

Wags finger, cheating!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]