FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Bug? 23.98fps encode FROM FCP - ALSO POSTED IN DVDSP FORUM

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sammyg
Compressor Bug? 23.98fps encode FROM FCP - ALSO POSTED IN DVDSP FORUM
on Aug 3, 2007 at 4:12:43 pm

I believe I've strolled across a very annoying Compressor bug, but I haven't been able to find anyone to confirm that they're seeing it too.

I'm getting "jaggy" encodes when I send my 23.98fps 10-bit Uncompressed Final Cut Pro sequences directly to Compressor. Not only does the encode take extra long, but it spits out a video that looks like it was deinterlaced. All formerly smooth edges are now jagged and soft. When I send the SAME VIDEO to Compressor without going directly through Final Cut Pro (by exporting my whole sequence as a QuickTime movie and then dragging the Quicktime movie into Compressor) the encode comes out correct. The problem ONLY occurs when I send the sequence through Final Cut Pro into Compressor. Any of the Compressor settings will do this (Best Setting, Custom Settings, etc. etc.) My frame controls are off and Compressor identifies the media as progressive and 23.98....

Obviously this is annoying as I'm having to create very large Quicktime movies of my sequences everytime I want to make an approval DVD of a cut. Usually, with 29.97 sequences, it's a fairly smooth process....

Anyone else seeing this? Any other workarounds that don't involve creating huge QuickTime movies?

I'm on a Dual 2.3 GHz G5
Final Cut Pro 5.0.4
Compressor 2.0.1
QuickTime 7.2
OS X 10.4.10

Thanks,
Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]