FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dobly AC3 audio encoding with Compressor...??

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mrshow555
Dobly AC3 audio encoding with Compressor...??
on Jul 5, 2007 at 9:42:23 pm

Does anyone know of a good link for an in depth explanation of the Dolby 2.0 AC3 encoder for Compressor?

I'm working on a DVD that has three tracks of audio and I'm getting a vide bitrate too high error on the build when I use AIFF 48:16 audio.

It works when I test it with the default AC3 settings, but the audio then sounds too low sometimes (i burned a comparision DVD with the aiff on audio track 1 an the ac3 on track 2 to see the difference).

So basiclly I'm looking for a good link or any tips on explaning the diferent options of the Dolby encoder and what they mean to figure out the best settings to use for my project.

It's a standard miniDV project originating in FCP. Two audio tracks of the dvd with be composite mixes (on normal, and tv censored) and th other will be a commentary track.

I noticed a commentary option under the Bitstream mode drop down menu in Compressor- not sure on how this performs and if it's a good idea.

Also I'm not sure of what to use for Dialogue Normalization -27db seems pretty low. Does this have any relation to if you used -12db tone to calibrate the mix?

In the Bitstream tab, what should i set for Dobly surround mode? We never did a surround mix so should i put not encoded or not indicated?

Also in pre-processing tab, should i change the Compression drop down to NONE? I think I read that somewhere before.

Any help or steering in the right direction would be great! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Danny2007
Re: Dobly AC3 audio encoding with Compressor...??
on Jul 6, 2007 at 10:00:04 am

The DVD Studio Pro manual and installed help files should have all the answers you need including all the dialogue normalisation.

Outside of that there's Mr Ken Stone:
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/dolby_digital_andre.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]