FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 3 ?'s: NTSC and PAL

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PeterP
Compressor 3 ?'s: NTSC and PAL
on Jun 25, 2007 at 3:33:23 pm

Using Compressor 3, I've got an HD sequence from Final Cut that I'm trying to compress for 2 different types of dvds: NTSC and PAL. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the best quality settings are for each type of dvd.

My original sequence is 960 x 720, 23.98 fps, using DVCPRO HD 720p60 compressor.

I know this is a pain, but if anyone could walk me through the steps of creating these files in the highest quality while maintaining their correct aspect ratio, I would be so grateful.

THANKS!

Peter

Return to posts index

dgomezmena
Re: Compressor 3 ?'s: NTSC and PAL
on Aug 30, 2007 at 12:22:37 pm

peter did you ever figure this out? i am trying to do something similar but am coming from xdcam hd 25p and hdv 25p footage (pal)...

Return to posts index

PeterP
on Aug 30, 2007 at 1:52:09 pm

I did figure it out. Just export your sequence through compressor as you normally would for a dvd (i.e. "DVD: best quality 90 min"). The conversion to PAL happens in dvd studio pro. Open your DVD studio preferences before you create your menu and under project set your video standard to PAL.
Hope this helps.

Peter

Return to posts index

dgomezmena
on Aug 30, 2007 at 2:28:52 pm

am trying to go from PAL to NTSC, any ideas?

Return to posts index

msacci
on Aug 30, 2007 at 2:32:08 pm

Sorry, but DVDSP does not do standards conversions. Your assest have to be PAL or NTSC before you bring them in. DVDSP can author in both but not convert. You can do it in compressor before bring it in but Comp 3 is no way as good as Compr 4. BTY it is a very time consuming process. If you don't want to upgrade to FCS2 to get Comp 4 think about Natress Filters he has the most recommend standards convert around only 1
$100 I think.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]