FORUMS: list search recent posts

SWF->MOV & OMF

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HotWater
SWF->MOV & OMF
on Jun 21, 2007 at 2:37:19 pm

Does anybody know of any software that can flip a SWF file to a MOV or OMF?
I know AE 7 can import a SWF and export to a MOV, but OMF is not support on a Mac.

I have contacted Adobe about the new AE CS3, and if it will have an OMF cabablility for Mac, and no one could tell me...Sad.

In the meantime (Adobe doesnt even know an exact release date for AE CS3) I need to find something (good) that can flip SWF to OMFs....anybody?

Return to posts index

epontius
Re: SWF->MOV & OMF
on Jun 21, 2007 at 5:55:55 pm

I've never found a very good solution for this. There are utilities out there that can convert SWF to various formats. I've found that there are often some issues in which they don't do a very good job, for instance in some cases flash will use hold frames instead of repeating frames where nothing on the screen changes....the conversion utilities treat this as a single frame resulting in a video that is really short.
The only dependable solution I found was to play the SWF and record the screen using Techsmith's Camtasia, which will allow you to export the video in any number of different formats (avi, quicktime, etc..)... though probably not an OMF.
Not the greatest solution...but it works.

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]