FORUMS: list search recent posts

SWF/Squeeze questions

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Poisson
SWF/Squeeze questions
on Jun 19, 2007 at 2:08:18 pm

Not having made any swf files with Squeeze, does anyone know if one can create a controller to show on the resulting swf file? Or is this something strictly done in Flash? I'm new to both, and there doesn't seem to be a Squeeze or Flash forum here.

What I'm trying to do is put Flash movies on my Web site, which is built in FreewayPro 3.5, which allows controllers in wmv and QT files, (with QT you can turn them on and off) but my first attempts with swf files show no controller and no option to have one.

Return to posts index

Nelson
Re: SWF/Squeeze questions
on Jul 24, 2007 at 5:02:14 pm

I'll preface my responce by saying that I'm unfamiliar with FreeWayPro. However, I've had experience encoding SWFs with Squeeze. I'm running version 4.5, and when you choose SWF as your output, you can double click "player options" (under the source file in the batch tree), and choose a skin to use for playback (to preview the skins, browse to that folder on your comp and look at them in a web browser). When you want to post your video on the web, you need to make sure you include the SWF, the FLV, and the SWF skin file. There's need to go into Flash. I will say, though, that the skins that come bundled with Squeeze are kind of clunky. Let me know if this helps.

Tom Nelson
Editor/Animator
Essex Television Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]