FORUMS: list search recent posts

COMPRESSOR 3 changes settings on its own?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
audiovideo
COMPRESSOR 3 changes settings on its own?
on Jun 12, 2007 at 3:28:45 am

It must be me...but I just don't get it.

I've EXPORTED a FCP 6 project to COMPRESSOR 3. I set up the destination...fine. Then I make a custom setting. I bump up the AVERAGE and MAX to 5.5 and 7.7 respectfully. I up some other settings to "best". Then I set the GOP to OPEN GOP (IBP), GOP SIZE=6. Ok...then I save it. Ok. When I check it via the inspector...indeed, everything is exactly the way I made it.

Now this is where it gets goofy. When I ADD this setting to my EXPORTED file...the GOP SIZE mysteriosuly (well...at least to ME it's a mystery!), it mysteriously changes to CLOSED GOP, GOP SIZE=15. (?)

Why does it not stay EXACTLY the way I made it?????

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
audiovideo
Re: COMPRESSOR 3 changes settings on its own? ANSWERED!
on Jun 12, 2007 at 5:26:59 pm

I guess I can answer my own question!

After speaking with two Apple techs, I was told that, indeed, it is a bug in Compressor 3. Try it. You can "save" a custom setting like I described above...it will, indeed, show up in the Inspector of that Custom Setting...but once it is applied to your exported clip from FCP, the Custom Setting stays exactly as you designed it EXCEPT for the GOP structure (as I outlined in my original post). The techs said that this issue will have to be addressed in an update. That's a real bummer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]