FORUMS: list search recent posts

urgent help!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Atzei
urgent help!
on Jun 3, 2007 at 1:35:00 am

I`m in high seas over here!
I have a short film shot in hdv to be exported to sd dvd for a film festival here in sydney. I run into trouble when i burn the first dvd.
The problem is that the end product doesn`t look abything like the footage in the timeline.. whatever the setting are in the timeline they do vanish during burning.. I followed various suggestions here at the cow in different forums but I have found no solution as yet.
now I have three timelines ready to be exported to sd dvd.
options
1- hdv timeline
2- 8 bit uncompressed
3- 10 bit uncompressed
Can anyone suggest a step by step setting to obtain a dvd that looks like in the timeline?
I thank anyone that can share a bit of time to help
Rds.
Antonio Atzei
I work on a power mac g5 quad, I have apdated the lot last week...
I have on my desk fcs 2 but I rather finish this project before i dive in on another version.

BABALOTTI PRODUCTIONS
SYDNEY
POWER MAC G5 QUAD SYSTEM
5.5GB RAM
1 TB OF MEMORY.FCStudio

Return to posts index

Evil Ash Editor
Re: urgent help!
on Jun 7, 2007 at 5:45:26 pm

How does the picture differ when it compresses to DVD? Does it become very dark? Usually when you go from a higher resolution picture to a lower one, as in your case from HDV to SD DVD, the colors darken.

Once you have your footage in compressor, you'll want to open your previewer and click on the icon that displays your footage relative to your settings. You'll then want to adjust the brightness and contrast (be more conservative with this setting) to adjust the tonal range of your picture, and then brighten using gamma correction (this will brighten your mid tones, without adjusting the brightest or darkest areas, so you won't blow out your picture). Your picture also may have become softened so you can use the Sharpen Edges filter if you want, but be very conservative with this filter because it's easy to overdo.

This response refers to a situation that may not unnecessarily be your situation, so if it's something different, let me know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]