FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing hour and half movie for dvd using compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zorrrrr
Compressing hour and half movie for dvd using compressor
on May 19, 2007 at 2:08:49 pm

I have been trying to compress an hour and a half piece using compressor to burn onto a dvd. My footage is 24fps and i edited it in final cut pro. When i try to compress it, it looks choppy where there is a lot of movement. My bit rate has to be really low, at like 4.3 to have it fit on a dvd. Any advice? I also have Sorenson Squeeze but it doesn't have a 24fps option.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Compressing hour and half movie for dvd using compressor
on May 20, 2007 at 5:22:34 pm

Which version of compressor? What I would do is export a short section (maybe 2 minutes) thru the choppy section with the motion. Try several variable bitrates to see which one will hold up and will also alow you to fit the entire piece on the DVD.

We have found that with BitVice we can get a much better encode and the file sizes have been reduced significantly. Encoding time is not even that bad on shorter segments. There was no comparison between bitVice and Compressor in fade up from black...bit vice looked more like the original....compressor looked like a bunch of blocks.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

zorrrrr
Re: Compressing hour and half movie for dvd using compressor
on May 23, 2007 at 3:23:15 am

I am using Compressor 2.3
It is all pretty jumpy so most of the footage is pretty choppy looking
does bitVar have a 24p or 23.98 setting? also can i bring my compression markers (which didn't do much good!) and chapter markers in? Thank you so much for your input!! (I have tried more in Compressor and raised my bit rate to 5.5 and it still is chunky)!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]