FORUMS: list search recent posts

H264 in Cleaner and Premiere

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
H264 in Cleaner and Premiere
on May 17, 2007 at 12:52:03 pm

Hi,
Im trying to settle on the best compression for the web, and it seems Quicktime H264 is giving me the best results. When I try to encode to H264 in Cleaner XL, It starts and then gives this error -

"Quicktime returns an error of codecErr:CompressSequenceFrame(mSeqld,srcPixmap, &imageSize, GetKeyframeFlags(),StripAddress(*mCompressedDataHandle), &curSize &similarity,null)failed"

I then tried the same file in Adobe Premiere 2.0. In the media encoder, it renders the file, and creates a quicktime (only 1.4kb). When I try to open that, I get this error "Error - 2000; a necessary data reference could not be resolved.

I also have Squeeze 4.3, but it does not give me an option for H264.

I can encode correctly in Quicktime, but I use a decklink which captures AVI's, and I'm trying to avoid the extra step of converting them to quicktimes to load into Quicktime to do the encoding. Both Premiere and Cleaner read the AVI's no problem.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what might be causing the problem? Other formats such as MP4 work fine within the other two programs, but the quality is slightly less than the H264.

thanks for any help..

MG

Return to posts index

Evil Ash Editor
Re: H264 in Cleaner and Premiere
on Jun 6, 2007 at 9:06:12 pm

This is a bug with Cleaner XL, and you can output in H.264 as long as you do single pass. That's a bummer, since Multi pass will give you smaller file sizes. What I do in this case is output as a quicktime file, and use a free program called Mpeg Streamclip. That program will convert your uncompressed quicktime file into H.264 with multipass enabled. You won't have the preprocessing and filter set of Cleaner, but you will have multi passed h.264 mov files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]