FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor & mulitplexed program streams

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cutter_Jones
Compressor & mulitplexed program streams
on May 16, 2007 at 7:37:29 pm

Curious if our company can create files for upload to DG FastChannel. We are limited to Apple's suite of products (FinalCut Pro and Compressor).

I am using Compressor v.2.3 and I see it has a preset for FastChannel. It creates an MPEG-2 transport stream with multiplexed audio. However, DG requires a program stream.

Can Compressor create MPEG-2 program streams with multiplexed audio? Anyone use Compressor to create SD files for DG FastChannel?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compressor & mulitplexed program streams
on May 16, 2007 at 8:55:32 pm

I've never seen a DG/FastChannel preset in Compressor but you can attempt one. You can always attempt building a custom preset and testing it with your DG/FastChannel Drop Box account. Compressor does create a transport, not a program stream.

If you Compressor doesn't do it though you'll have to look into other options like Episode Pro which is what I use for DG/FastChannel but I think some people have had luck with Cleaner.

Return to posts index

Cutter_Jones
on May 16, 2007 at 9:12:09 pm

You're right. Compressor doesn't have a preset. What I saw was a custom preset made by our editor. I am going to make a test file and upload it to DG FastChannel and see what their techs think. I'll post any positive/negative results.

Is there a basic difference between program and transport streams? I'm unfamiliar with the terminology.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on May 16, 2007 at 11:47:46 pm

You can use MPEGStreamclip to mux them together after compressor is done.

squared5.com

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 17, 2007 at 1:44:55 am

And Compressor 3 will be able to create MPEG-2 Program Streams and my guess is we're not more than 3 weeks from seeing that.

Return to posts index

zoner79
on Jul 17, 2007 at 10:02:27 pm

Anyone have any luck using Compressor 3 for uploading to DG? I've made a template to their exact specs, but have failed every time. They say the length of the video is shorter than the slated 15 sec. But the video looks perfect on my end both visually and in length. Their only solution was to use a different encoder, like Episode. I'd hate to have to spend the extra money if Compressor seems to be working over here. I thought it could have something to do with the fact that I'm converting 23.97 material to 29.97. But I've set the timing parameters to match the original time. Could there be some other setting I'm missing?

Anyone???

Return to posts index

Jen_studer
on Aug 7, 2007 at 6:54:29 pm

I don't know about your timing issue, as we work in 29.97

But I've been Dropbox certified using Compressor 3. We waited until we installed our studio upgrades before buying Episode or MC Coder. I've had DG telestream spots back to us to assure us that they look fine visually (as we had problems with Fast Channel's ftp site in the past & interlacing issues).

Compressor 3 does work though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]