FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange occurence in Cleaner 6

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
parker C
Strange occurence in Cleaner 6
on May 9, 2007 at 5:22:09 pm

I use Cleaner 6 all the time (Mac) but occasionally have this problem and can't figure out why.

It usually happens when I get a QT with h.264 compression size 320x240 with a file size around 10-15MB. I'll receive these files and be asked to shrink them down to under 5MB (emailable size).

But for some reason, Cleaner will only compress about half the video and stop. It'll output exactly what I needed, only about half the video.

I've tried all different methods, including bringing the original files into FCP, rendering them as DV, outputting and recompressing, and I get the same result.

Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever heard of this? Please any help or insight in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Strange occurence in Cleaner 6
on May 10, 2007 at 1:03:38 am

Are you running 6.5? If so have you updated to the 6.5.1 update? Fixed lots of goodies.

Short of that I'd ri the clip out of QT player to animation codec with aiff audio and then compress that.

Rich Rubasch
tilt media

Return to posts index

Danny2007
Re: Strange occurence in Cleaner 6
on May 10, 2007 at 8:41:00 am

Personally I'd avoid the colour conversion from 4:2:0 of MPEG-4 to the 4:4:4 of animation and then back to 4:2:0, if at all possible. Try PhotoJPEG at 70% quality instead

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]