FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPG4 to DV AVI on a Mac

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Holzman
MPG4 to DV AVI on a Mac
on May 8, 2007 at 4:23:29 pm

I have a program that exists as a hi-quality MPG4 (wide screen). Here are the specs:

Duration: 0:06:33
Data Size: 79.93 MB
Bit Rate: 1.70 Mbps

Video Tracks:
MPEG-4 Video, 640

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: MPG4 to DV AVI on a Mac
on May 8, 2007 at 5:11:35 pm

Quicktime Pro, Compressor, Episode.

I don't know if Cleaner or Squeeze make DV.AVI on the Mac.

Return to posts index

Paul Holzman
on May 8, 2007 at 7:41:25 pm

Does Episode output to AVI? That would be great if it did. I looked on their sight and didn't see that as an output optionl. It will make a DV stream but I still need a way to get it into an AVI wrapper. Also, what is the standard audio codec for an DV-AVI file.

Paul

Return to posts index

Danny2007
on May 9, 2007 at 10:00:39 am

Just use Quicktime Pro - but in all honesty there is no reason why the MPEG-4 version wouldn't play perfectly, the DV-AVI will be much more of a strain on his system.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 9, 2007 at 12:37:03 pm

Usually, for me, if someone wants a DV AVI it's because they may want to do further editing. Nothing wrong with that. Episode can create DV, DVCPro, DVCPro50 AVI both 4:3 and 16:9. Audio should be PCM, 48kHz.

Return to posts index

jacalo
on Jun 6, 2007 at 6:45:09 pm

I have clips capture on FCP on with DV codec, send it to a client who needs DV-AVI, and doesn't work.. How do I export.. as a DV stream or what settings did I need to use to ensure it will work on a PC DV-AVI

Thanks

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
DV MOV to DV AVI on a Mac
on Jun 6, 2007 at 7:20:36 pm

You can export to DV AVI from FCP or Quicktime Pro. Set Export Movie to AVI, click on options, set video to DV/DVCPRO NTSC (or DV PAL), set audio to uncompressed 48kHz, 16 bit, stereo. Quicktime also has Export to DV Stream (use options to set format particulars).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]