FORUMS: list search recent posts

quicktime to wmv using cleaner

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
5eyedfilms
quicktime to wmv using cleaner
on Apr 16, 2007 at 6:34:33 pm

Hi,

I've been having problems using cleaner to compress a full res DV NTSC quicktime to a windows media file.

No matter what size I make the encode, it always shows up at 320x240. Also, it won't let me encode at a bitrate higher than 1440/kbs. My client wants a wmv that will look good on a computer in full screen.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it cleaner? What's the best way to get a really clean looking wmv from a quicktime?

Thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: quicktime to wmv using cleaner
on Apr 16, 2007 at 10:49:36 pm

Cleaner on Windows or Mac.
What version Cleaner?
Mac version only does Windows Media 7 out of the box. Changing the frame size works for me. You can add Flip4Mac to Cleaner to make Windows Media 9. Since Flip4Mac allows you to set frame size in its own interface it's possible that either Flip4Mac or Cleaner frame size control is overriding the other.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Apr 20, 2007 at 1:47:39 am

I always recommend developing a workflow to create WMV on a PC. Sorenson Squeeze has a decent WMV encoder as well. But getting your clip to a PC and doing it there will give you the best control and the best output especially for full-screen playback.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 20, 2007 at 2:22:34 pm

Interesting thought for today. Has anybody tried "CrossOver" on an Intel Mac to see if Windows Media Encoder or the Windows version of Squeeze will run on it? CrossOver doesn't require buying Windows. It's about $70 with a 30 day free trial.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]