FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with animation codec

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benny g
Problems with animation codec
on Apr 11, 2007 at 6:10:19 pm

Hello, I am doing a batch export from FCP of about 76 sequences using the QT custom option (animation codec, best quality, million+ colors, 720*480). The problem Im having is that any sequence over 2.5 minutes in length, I get an error message saying the file is to big. There is 1 sequence, (the first one), that was 3 minutes and still worked, but this is the only exception to the whole export. All the restfall into the 2.5 min conundrum: under 2.5 min. succesful; over 2.5 min, error, file too big. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, this animation codec is new to me, but I need to figure out this problem immediately.
benny

Return to posts index

Chaos Wrangler
Re: Problems with animation codec
on Apr 12, 2007 at 1:40:44 am

Just taking a shot... check to see if any of the clips in the sequence are corrupted (check GFX) after that trash the preferences, restart.
If you do not need the alpha channel then just use the million colors preset without the plus (+). My gut feeling is corrupted file, hard drive full (remember always keep at least 10% of your hard drive free) or the ever entertaining software problem.

Drew

Chaos is the beginning of everything.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Apr 12, 2007 at 10:44:11 pm

Sounds like you might be hitting a 2 gig file size limit. What drive are you saving to? You aren't trying to save AVI files are you?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Danny2007
on Apr 13, 2007 at 9:05:30 am

Huh? AVI files using the Animation CODEC??? What planet....?

The Animation CODEC belongs to QuickTime, it's never been part of AVI.

My advice is not to use the Animation CODEC - Go with PhotoJPEG at 100%, quality is equal to Animation, file sizes are far smaller.

Return to posts index

daddelson
on Apr 18, 2007 at 4:00:39 am

I had a similar problem when I tried exporting a full rez version of my film. Is the hard drive that you are saving to formatted FAT32? If so, this is the reason. FAT32 formatted drives can not save a single file larger than 2 gigs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]