FORUMS: list search recent posts

Episode 4.2.2 -> DGSystems DropBox revisited.

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Connors Jr
Episode 4.2.2 -> DGSystems DropBox revisited.
on Mar 28, 2007 at 3:39:50 pm

In an earlier post Craig Seeman had success with getting mpeg2 files commpressed for DGSystems distribution using Episode 4.1.x. Craig, if you are here have you been able to test your Preset with Episode 4.2.2? If so can you send me that preset file?

We have tried CompressionMaster 4.0.x and Episode 4.2.2 and both are having the same problem when we create and interlaced mpeg2 file for DG. When we turn interlaced (top or bottom) on the mpg file has a lot of digital artifacts and image ripping. If we set the output to Progressive (top or bottom) the image looks fine until it is played on an NTSC display, then it have a strobing effect that look loke a field dominance problem. This is where DGSystems fails our files.

FYI out input files have been DV, DVCPro50 and 8BitUncompressed, all resulting in rejected MPGs.

Episode is a TeleStream product and they have not yet worked out a preset that can create a DG certified file, so we are experimenting with different combination, trying to get a final Mpeg2 file that will work.

Has anyone had any success with Episode 4.2.2 and DGSystems? Or am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Fred

The Troupe - Modern Media Design & Production

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Episode 4.2.2 -> DGSystems DropBox revisited.
on Mar 30, 2007 at 1:19:11 pm

My preset tested and passed DG using Episode 4.2.2. I tested with DVCAM, 8 & 10 bit uncompressed source.

The preset includes the Resize filter for sources that are 720x486. For 720x480 you disable the Resize filter.

MPEG-2 Program streams do NOT play back well in Quicktime or MPEGStreamclip. You can't use those to judge quality of the encode. VLC086a does a good job with them.

I send you the preset.

Return to posts index

Fred Connors Jr
Re: Episode 4.2.2 -> DGSystems DropBox revisited.
on Mar 30, 2007 at 8:36:06 pm

Many Thanks

We're now DGSystems Certified.

If you would like you can now up the color space to 4:2:2 and they will alos accept Variable bit rate files.

Very Nice!

Fred

The Troupe - Modern Media Design & Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]