FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression for FCP Studio Pro

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Williams
Compression for FCP Studio Pro
on Mar 1, 2007 at 7:40:02 pm

On a Duel G-5, 3GB Ram, FCP 5.1, I have completed a client "KenBurns" FCP sequence(41 Min). Exported to Compressor Mpeg-2/2 pass - aiff settings. In video work I use these settings. The batch fails in compressor (Three Times). I then did a quicktime conversion and sent to sorenson Squeeze 4. Mpeg2 settings and produced a mess, garbled image. Recompress on compress. I have now dropped a new and clean quicktime .mov(via FCP seq>file>Export>QuickTime Movie...) back into FCP timeline and rendering. Big surprise as I don't know what will happen next. The suspense is killing me. I have completed 100's of video productions. This slide show is possessed. But fear not, I endure. Made a pretty sequence and .mov replay is beauty. Need to get it into FCP Studio on a completed menu. This compression problem has taken 24 hours at this point. Thanx in advance for any ideas.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Compression for FCP Studio Pro
on Mar 1, 2007 at 8:45:04 pm

For this type of video and encoding to MPEG-2, I would recommend either BitVice or Episode.

Return to posts index

Wayne Williams
on Mar 1, 2007 at 8:58:10 pm

Charles - Tanx for the quick return. Went and looked at the sites. I will look further at these tools as the upgrades I buy now are looking HD related, which they are. Coming to customers at a home theater near you soon. As for today, I will proceed. When I get tired of Coffee And donuts on this one, I'll buy. Thanx, Wayne

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 2, 2007 at 1:43:07 am

[Wayne Williams] "Exported to Compressor"

Have you tried saving as a Quicktime Self Contained and opened that in Compressor rather than Export to Compressor?
I've heard others bumping into odd things with Export to Compressor on certain sequences. I wonder if it's something about one of the stills you're using. Doing Quicktime Self Contained (I know, more disc space and more time) might beat the problem though.

Return to posts index

bojidog
Re: Compression for FCP Studio Pro-NEWBIE question
on Nov 8, 2007 at 4:35:11 pm

Hi, I shot a bunch of doc footage using 24p in an HV20 over the summer in the Middle East. A friend sent me a great set up for Compressor using ProRes but it seems as if I need to drag the setting to each clip individually -- and I've got about 300 of them! This has got to be a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to assign the setting to a group of clips??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]