Batch processing assistance

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TheBtrain
Batch processing assistance
on Feb 28, 2007 at 3:27:52 am

Hi all,

Got a batch processing question.

I've just exported over 100 DVD files. 100 .m2v and 100 .ac3. Each pair of files has an identical name (except the file extension of course)

I need each pair of files converted to .wmv or .mpg files for web playback.

Does anybody know the best (or even if there is one?) tool for doing this. I really don't want to do this all manually!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Batch processing assistance
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:40:47 am

I think MPEGStreamClip will work for this. As long as the .m2v and .ac3 tracks all have the exact same name besides the extension, then you should be able to use MSC to batch open all of the files and export to mpeg program stream (.mpg). Only downside is that on a PC, this could take forever (I recently had to do a similar conversion). On a mac, I don't know how long it would take.

Return to posts index

TheBtrain
on Feb 28, 2007 at 5:29:30 am

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I've had a look at it, but I think it just does straight conversions. I actually need identical file names 'muxed'.

Anybody know if this kind of thing exists?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:30:48 pm

Right, and MSC should do this. If you import a .m2v into MSC and there is a .m1a or .ac3 with the exact same file name in the exact same directory, then it should automatically recognize the audio and mux it internally within the app. And then if you choose the export to mpeg option, you will have a fully muxed mpeg file.

Return to posts index

TheBtrain
on Mar 6, 2007 at 9:54:37 am

Ahhh - I must apologise. Bit quick on the reply button!

It looks like it will work fine - even the batch processing. Thanks for the advice and a great tool!

If only it could also re-encode to smaller dimensions...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]