FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL SD widescreen QTs to WMV using Flip4Mac

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Post Man
PAL SD widescreen QTs to WMV using Flip4Mac
on Feb 23, 2007 at 3:06:53 am

I need to make 1024x576 PAL SD Widescreen WMVs using Flip4Mac Studio Pro, but the application doesn't support that frame size.

The largest allowed 16:9 frame size is 640x360 which is smaller than PAL SD 16:9 . . .

What do I need to do? Upgrade to Flip4Mac WMV Studio Pro HD? (i.e spend more money?)

Thanks,
Neil.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: PAL SD widescreen QTs to WMV using Flip4Mac
on Feb 23, 2007 at 6:05:24 am

Yes, upgrading to the HD version and selecting custom sizing output should work fine for this.

Return to posts index

Post Man
on Feb 23, 2007 at 6:10:33 am

Thanks Charles.
You said "should work fine for this"; before I spend the bucks, do you want to change that answer to someting more definite?

with thanks,
Neil.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 23, 2007 at 2:17:08 pm

One of the odd things about Flip4Mac is that when you get the free player you can demo all the way up to Studio Pro HD. Once you have a paid Studio or Studio Pro you lose the demo.

You can try reverting to demo mode by removing the telestream preferences (Do NOT throw it out) and then test. You can then replace the prefs and do an upgrade online if it works for you (it should be trying is believing).

It would be nice if you could always demo the higher feature set though. I'll make sure they hear that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]